Bristol Braille Technology: Canute
Electronic Braille: reimagined.
Bristol Braille Technology is developing Canute 360, the world's first multi-line digital Braille e-reader. Developed with, by, and for the blind community, Canute 360 will make reading digital Braille books affordable, practical and enjoyable.
Canute 360 is a standalone desktop multi-line Braille e-reader. Compatible with all six-dot Braille codes, Canute 360 can condense an entire Braille library into one device.
- 360 cells: nine lines of forty characters of Braille
- Supports all six-dot Braille codes (including music, maths and foreign languages) and tactile graphics
- Dimensions: 36.5 X 18.5 X 8 cm (approx 14 x 7 x 1.5 inches), 2.8KG
- 2 X USB A; 1 X USB A; Video out; SD Card slot; 3.55mm audio out
- 3 page navigation buttons
- 9 line select keys
- Contextual help button
Address (view on map): Bristol Braille Technology,
G14, BV Studios, 37 Philip Street,
Bristol, BS3 4EA, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)117 325 30 22
General enquiries: enquiries[at]bristolbraille.co.uk
Publicity enquiries: publicity[at]bristolbraille.co.uk
Arrange a demonstration: steph.sergeant[at]bristolbraille.co.uk
Join us on the Braillists forums to ask questions, make suggestions, or propose and discuss concepts.