Demonstrations and tests
Contact Steph Sergeant at steph.sergeant[at]bristolbraille.co.uk to arrange a demo near you.
Bristol Braille Technology has successfully demonstrated Canute to hundreds of Braille users and other professionals globally.
Since 2014, when the Canute MK5 was first demonstrated to members of the Braillists in Bristol, feedback provided by braille users and professionals has been vital to the ongoing development of Canute. From 2015 members of the Braillists tested Canute within their own homes successfully, and these trials have been repeated with the Mk9 and Mk10 models in 2016, and are ongoing with the current Mk11.1, Mk11.2 and Mk12 prototypes.
Alongside these home trials, the prototypes have been extensively tested in a school environments at New College in Worcester and Child Vison in Dublin.
Throughout the design, prototype and testing stages of Canute’s development, feedback from daily Braille readers has been incorporated into the design of Canute. It is this collaborative design ethos that has informed the Canute project: from the ground up, Canute has been designed with, by and for daily Braille readers.
- Mk12 | UK-wide tour (contact us to get a demo!) | October 2017, ongoing
- Mk12 | Bangalore, Pune, Vellore, Chennai and Trivandrum during India tour | September 2017
- Mk12 | Sight Village Birmingham, UK | July 2017
- Mk12 | National Federation of the Blind Convention, Florida | July 2017
- MK11.1 | National Braille Press, Boston, USA | June 2017
- MK11.2 | Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Ohio | March 2017
- MK11.1 | Child Vision, Dublin| Students and Staff | February 2017
- MK10 | New College Worcester| Students and Staff | November 2016
- MK9 | Sight Village Birmingham, UK | conference attendees | July 2016
- MK9 | Bates, Wells & Braithwaite, London, UK | Stephen Lloyd Awards | June 2016
- MK9 | National Braille Press Centre, Boston, USA | National Braille Press | June 2016
- MK9 | Perkins School for the Blind, Cambridge, USA | Perkins Solutions | June 2016
- MK9 | American Printing House for the Blind Centre, Louisville, USA | American Printing House | May 2016
- MK9 | National Federation for the Blind Centre, Baltimore, USA | 6th International Council for English Braille and National Federation for the Blind | May 2016
- MK8 | Friendly Society Meeting House, Reading, UK | Braillists | May 2016
- MK8 | PM Studio, Watershed, Bristol, UK | Studio Lunchtime Talk visitors | April 2016
- MK8 | PM Studio, Watershed, Bristol, UK | Braillists | April 2015
- MK8 | California State University Northridge Accessible Technology Conference, San Diego, USA | conference attendees | March 2016
- MK6 replica | Sight Village London, UK | conference attendees and Braillists | July 2015
- MK6 replica | Stationers’ Hall, London | Information Technologists | July 2015
- MK6 | NCBI Centre, Dublin, Ireland | Irish National Braille & Alternative Format Association and Braillists | July 2015
- MK6 | Sight Village Birmingham, UK | conference attendees | July 2015
- Mk6 replica | Friendly Society Meeting House, Reading, UK | Braillists | May 2015
- MK6 | PM Studio, Watershed, Bristol, UK | Braillists | May 2015
- MK5 replica | NCBI Centre, Dublin, Ireland | Irish National Braille & Alternative Format Association and Braillists | January 2015
- MK5 | PM Studio, Watershed, Bristol, UK | Studio Lunchtime Talk visitors | November 2014
- MK5 | PM Studio, Watershed, Bristol, UK | Braillists | Summer 2014